Sunday, February 18, 2007

B&N: A maze of tragedy

I was perusing the political science section of Barnes & Noble today. Between "Soulless: Ann Coulter and the Right Wing Church of Hate" and Ann Coulter's "Godless: the Church of Liberalism" lined title after title that discussed the black mysteries of the CIA, expounded on torture or drew a history of America's enterprising in the Middle East. I settled on "Ghost Wars: the Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan and Bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001."

Were I to examine the culture section, what would I have found? Oh do tell, great mystifying book room.

1 comment:

DannyLMcDaniel said...

probably more of the same or close to it. The two books you mentioned are more alike than different. As one of author once told me, "all books are confessions, all books are about hope." I believed that remark until I read Coulter's work. It maybe confessional, but there is nothing hopeful about it.

Danny L. McDaniel
lafayette, Indiana